Sarah joined Ross Nasseri LLP in 2017. She practices in all areas of litigation, including corporate/commercial litigation and estate matters.
Prior to joining Ross Nasseri LLP, Sarah worked as a litigation associate at Torys LLP and Polley Faith LLP. She has experience working with large corporations, small businesses and individuals.
Sarah has appeared as counsel before the Ontario Superior Court of Justice and the Court of Appeal for Ontario, as well as various tribunals in Ontario including the Health Professions Appeal and Review Board, the Law Society Tribunal and the Ontario Securities Commission.
Sarah graduated with an LLB and a BCL from the Faculty of Law at McGill University in 2011. During law school, Sarah was an executive editor of the McGill Law Journal and an editor of the McGill International Journal of Sustainable Development Law and Policy. Sarah spent a summer as an intern in Mumbai for the India Centre for Human Rights and Law, working on a project about the right to food. In 2009, Sarah clerked for Justice Asher Grunis of the Supreme Court of Israel.
Sarah is a member of the Law Society of Ontario (2012) and the Barreau du Québec (2016).
Sarah is fluent in French.
- Obtaining a Mareva order on behalf of a small business owner against an employee who engaged in fraudulent behaviour over an extended period of time
- Lifting a Mareva order on behalf of an entrepreneur falsely accused of fraud by a former business associate
- Obtaining an order for recognition and enforcement of a judgment from the Quebec Superior Court on behalf of a financial institution in connection with a debt arising out of fraud
- Bennett v. Bennett, 2019 ONCA 772 aff’ing 2018 ONSC 4138; successfully resisted appeal from a judgment obtained for a client to enforce a settlement agreement
- Obtaining the appointment of estate trustee during litigation on behalf of a sibling of a deceased in the face of opposition from the deceased’s estranged wife
- Obtaining an order for the discharge of a certificate of pending litigation on an urgent basis that was improperly obtained by a collection agency against a family member of a debtor
Awards & Rankings
- Recognized in The Globe and Mail’s Canada’s Best Law Firms list for Dispute Resolution (Litigation, Arbitration & Investigations) (2022)
Sarah is a volunteer at the Pro Bono Ontario Free Legal Advice Hotline, through which she offers summary advice and assistance with drafting court materials to Ontarians who are unable to access paid legal services.
Sarah previously served as a mentor in the LAWS program, a mentorship program between lawyers and students from Harbord Collegiate Institute. She provided guidance and support to her mentees, allowing these students to gain exposure to a professional environment, receive support for pursuing postsecondary education and build workplace skills.
LLB/BCL, Faculty of Law, McGill University, 2011
BA (Hons.), York University, 2007