Daniel Milton is a civil litigator at Ross Nasseri LLP with a broad litigation practice that includes corporate and commercial disputes as well as construction, professional liability, constitutional, regulatory, and estates matters. Daniel is a creative and confident advocate who prides himself on being meticulous with legal research and providing clients with thorough and sound advice.
Daniel has significant trial, arbitration, and appeal experience and has appeared before every level of court in Ontario. Before joining the firm, Daniel was a litigation associate at Borden Ladner Gervais LLP’s Toronto office, where he acted on trials and appeals in corporate/commercial, construction, and constitutional cases. He has acted as counsel in several large commercial cases including representing a gold corporation in a complex commercial trial, representing a major bank in an investors negligence claim and acting for a large surety bonding corporation in a multi-year, complex construction dispute. He has also acted as counsel in commercial arbitrations concerning commercial real estate disputes, intellectual property disputes and insurance disputes, and successfully acted as lead counsel in several pre-trial motions. Daniel has also acted as intervener counsel before multiple levels of court in a high-profile case concerning the constitutionality of changes made to electoral spending limits and the use of the notwithstanding clause to re-enact legislation.
Daniel received a J.D. from the University of Toronto’s Faculty of Law. Daniel graduated with distinction and was the recipient of several prizes including the Norman Levy Prize in Jurisprudence and awards as top individual oralist and best appellant factum in the Callaghan competitive moot. Prior to law school, Daniel completed an Honours Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy from McGill University, where he graduated with First Class Honours. Daniel was also a decorated, internationally ranked debater who represented McGill University at multiple World and North American Championships.
Daniel is a member of the Ontario Bar Association, The Advocates’ Society, and the Toronto Lawyers Association, and volunteers with Pro Bono Ontario.
Awards & Rankings
- RN LLP recognized as a leading litigation firm in Canada by Benchmark Litigation (2021, 2022)
- RN LLP recognized in The Globe and Mail’s Canada’s Best Law Firms list for Dispute Resolution (Litigation, Arbitration & Investigations) (2021, 2022)
- Physicians’ Dialysis Center Inc. v. Credit Valley Hospital, 2023 ONCA 402; successfully appealed a damages award in a breach of trust and fiduciary duty dispute
- Carbone v. Boccia, 2023 ONSC 2282; successfully obtained procedural orders to add an evasive party as a defendant
- Carbone et al v Boccia et al, 2023 ONSC 3625 ; successfully obtained a Norwich Order and Mareva injunction in a fraud dispute
- Working Families Coalition (Canada) Inc. v. Ontario (Attorney General), 2021 ONSC 7697 & 2023 ONCA 339; acted as an intervener before both the Ontario Superior Court and Ontario Court of Appeal in a constitutional dispute concerning election advertising spending limits