Gordon is a litigator at Ross Nasseri. He is building a broad civil litigation and regulatory practice. Gordon has a particular interest in complex commercial proceedings.
Before joining Ross Nasseri, Gordon gained valuable courtroom experience serving as an Assistant Crown Attorney in London, Ontario. He completed his articles by clerking with the judges of the Superior Court of Justice. During his clerkship, Gordon assisted several Ontario judges with a wide variety of cases including commercial disputes, professional negligence matters, and judicial review applications. He is well versed in civil, criminal, and regulatory law, and combines strong instincts with insights and sound judgment he developed during his clerkship. Before his clerkship, Gordon also worked as a student at Polley Faith where he gained experience assisting lawyers with several civil cases including providing support on trials and hearings.
Gordon graduated with a J.D. /M.B.A. with honours, and on the Dean’s List, from the University of Toronto in 2019. He was awarded several prizes and accolades including the Gerald W. Schwartz Gold Medal for the highest overall average in his program, the Bregman Scholar award from the Rotman School of Management, and prizes for the top grades in administrative law and contract law.
Before law school, Gordon completed a Bachelor of Arts (with distinction) and Masters of Arts at the University of Western Ontario.
In his spare time, Gordon volunteers at Cancer Care Ontario, where he represents the interests of cancer patients on provincial committees, working groups, and research funding panels.
- Rule 15 – Representation by Lawyer in Noel Semple (Ed.), Civil Procedure and Practice in Ontario, 2nd ed (Canadian Legal Information Institute, 2022) (co-authored with Justin Nasseri)
- Lee v. 964988 Ontario Inc., 2022 ONSC 3687; lead counsel in successfully defending an injunction in a commercial property dispute
- Binscarth Holdings LP v. Grant Anthony, 2022 ONSC 3426; counsel on a motion for leave to commence a derivative action on behalf of a limited partnership
- Mansteel v. Katebian et al., 2021 ONSC 5273; successfully obtained security for costs on a pay-as-you-go basis against a corporate plaintiff in a multi-million dollar action alleging fraud and conspiracy
- Raghurai v. Chung, 2021 ONSC 5004; counsel on a summary judgment motion arising from a real estate joint venture dispute
Awards & Rankings
- Recognized in The Globe and Mail’s Canada’s Best Law Firms list for Dispute Resolution (Litigation, Arbitration & Investigations) (2022)